In this intriguing piece, we’re going to discuss how much fun it is to be around a talkative parrot. While you might not be able to afford keeping a parrot in your home, there are several places you can go to visit these exotic creatures, such as bird sanctuaries.
Since my family has been raising birds for the past decade, I feel comfortable sharing insider information about what it’s like to have a parrot as a pet. Owning a large parrot is a serious commitment, but there are joys that come along with owning a parrot that are undeniable. Let’s get into why parrots are good at making us laugh.
How Parrots Change Their Owners’ Lives
While our family has always maintained a busy household, I’ve known people who prefer living alone with a bird. Having an empty house can become a nightmare. If you are living alone, a parrot could be the solution to feeling lonely. You’ll have a cute animal to talk to, and the parrot will say things that will make you smile.
Visit a Friend or Pet Store With Parrots
While it might be tempting to go out to buy a parrot right away, this is a serious commitment. In order to provide a good home for the bird, you need to invest in a large cage, and the bird needs room to spread its wings. If you are seriously considering purchasing a parrot as a pet, you need to do the responsible thing by conducting practical research. Visit a pet store, look online to read about other people’s experiences, and go to a bird show when there’s one at your local convention center.
The Funny Things Parrots Will Say
There’s no denying that parrots will make you laugh. According to this article from a reputable news agency, certain species of parrots have special centers in their brains that are wired for speech. Parrots are one of the only animals on this planet that learn to mimic the sounds that they hear. If you’re around a parrot that can talk, you should be careful what you say. It’s hilarious to hear the birds repeat curse words, but they might be learning how to say the secrets that you‘re telling in private.
What Types of Birds Talk?
- According to an article by Alyson Kalhagen, budgies (also known as parakeets) will remember hundreds of words, but their voices are hard to distinguish.
- Amazon parrots have a small vocabulary, but they’re easy to understand.
- African Greys develop large vocabularies, and they mimic sounds to closely ressemble a human’s voice.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Owning a Pet Parrot
- Pro: After reading this article, you should finally understand how entertaining large birds can be. You’ll have fun listening to your bird say the things that you teach it, and your guests will enjoy this trick.
- Pro: Having a parrot in your home will provide entertainment, joy, and companionship. You’ll have a living creature to talk with that will be around for several years.
- Con: A parrot might be fun at first, but they live a long time. They’re a huge responsibility. According to this article from a reputable pet medical journal, the macaw parrot has been reported to live up to 112 years.
- Con: Even though some parrots are great at talking, some large birds make more squawking sounds than words. These abrasive sounds are hard to hear, and you might not like having the disturbance in your home. However, large birds become attached to their surroundings, and they become attached to their owners as well. This is a commitment that you should carefully consider before purchasing a parrot.
If You Want to Laugh, Fill Your Life With Funny Living Things
While I’m not recommending that you go out and buy a parrot just for the simple pleasure of laughing more, it’s worth finding a way to fill your life with creatures that you enjoy. You should spend more time with the living things that you already have in your life. Your dog doesn’t talk, but I bet it brings a level of joy to your life that’s indescribable. If you don’t have a pet, you probably have a friend or family member with an animal that you enjoy. Take time to be around the creatures that make you smile. Filling your life with lovely living creatures will bring out more joy, and you’ll feel happier about life.